Food Assistance



To be eligible for food items, one must fall within the poverty levels set by the federal government. Click here for guidelines. An applicant must provide the following information to The Food Bank:

  1. You must have a government issued picture ID and present it each time you pick up a box. If you have a representative pick up your box, that person's name should be listed on your application, or must have a handwritten, dated, and signed note from you with permission to pick up your box.  The note should also include your name and ID number.

  2. You must also show proof of income of everyone in the household (including food stamps, monies from relatives, odd jobs, etc.).

  3. Proof of address (electric bill).

  4. Verification of the members of your household (birthdates, social security numbers, shot records or birth certificates).

  5. If the head of household is a Food Stamp recipient, you must bring your budget sheet.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Services at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

There are many resources available for people in need in central Louisiana. If you or a friend are looking for help, please click for the Guide to Human Services.

Dial 211 for instant help finding a service or program here in central Louisiana. This information and referral service is a statewide network of call centers, trained and ready to help you connect to youth programs, counseling, disaster response, and more.

Other Resources
Food Bank Client Applications

To download a Food Bank application, please click here