Volunteers are Heroes in limitless ways...
Ending hunger in America depends on the volunteer work of literally millions of Americans who know that they can make a difference. Some volunteers come once, some a few times a year, and still others are here almost every day.
The Food Bank staff is available to work with groups after hours or on Saturdays. Please call (318) 445-2773 to schedule a time and volunteer opportunity for your group. For addition information or to schedule a time to volunteer, please email our volunteer coordinator, Carole Stafford, at email@example.com.
The Food Bank welcomes volunteers to join in the fight against hunger. A special skill or a willing heart is always accepted. Please call us at (318) 445-2773 for more information on how to become a volunteer.
Here are some of the many ways in which you can get involved:
- Help tutor children who come to the local Kids Cafe for a hot meal.
- Help repackage donated food for use at food pantries and emergency shelters.
- Assist with office work, mail-outs, and fundraisers.
- Deliver food boxes to home-bound elderly.
- Bring youth groups to the Food Bank to help sort salvaged food and make food boxes.
- Work with businesses and organizations in the community to donate to the Food Bank by sponsoring food drives and raising funds.
- Volunteer to harvest food at the demonstration garden at the Food Bank.